Barbara

Default Word 2003 is forcing two pages on a doc that was one in Word 2000

A document that was one page in Word 2000 is now two in Word 2003 and it has
not been edited. Formatting on both documents (i.e. font and spacing) are
identical. Why is it doing this and how do I fix it? I'm in the middle of a
quarterly report and need immediate resolution. PLEASE HELP!!

TF

Exactly the same printer driver, i.e. same OS, same driver version from same
driver disk?

Terry

"Barbara" wrote in message
: The document created in both 2000 and 2003 have the identical printer
default
: so there should be no printer drivers issues. Any other ideas?
:
: "Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:
:
: For one possibility, see
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting/TextReflow.htm
:
: --
: Suzanne S. Barnhill
: Microsoft MVP (Word)
: Words into Type
: Fairhope, Alabama USA
: Word MVP FAQ site: http://word.mvps.org
: Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the
newsgroup so
: all may benefit.
:
: "Barbara" wrote in message
: news : A document that was one page in Word 2000 is now two in Word 2003 and
it
: has
: not been edited. Formatting on both documents (i.e. font and spacing)
are
: identical. Why is it doing this and how do I fix it? I'm in the
middle
: of a
: quarterly report and need immediate resolution. PLEASE HELP!!
:
:

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Barbara,

The graphics engine for Office changed after Office 2000.
This can affect some of the layout rendering if you're trying
to position to fit a page very tightly.

As mentioned in the text reflow link on the other page Word
is not a 'page layout' software package.

You may want to try using the File=Print Zoom scaling option
if you can't adjust the margins in File=Page Setup a tad or two
if you're just slightly spilling over onto the next page, or if
you turn on formatting marks (paragraph icon on the toolbar)
see if there's a blank paragraph mark at the end of the document
on the 2nd page by itself. If so, you may not be able to delete
it but you may be able to select it and apply a 2pt font formatting
to it.

======
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx