Robert11

Default What Font(s) For A Resume

Hi,

Thanks for all the help re my font questions.
As this question is a bit different, will start a new thread.

Anyone have any experience with, or opinions on, what is the best or most
appropriate font(s) to use for a resume ?

Thanks,
B.

Paul Ballou

In my Opinion Times New Roman is a good font to use on résumé's

--
Paul Ballou
MVP Office

Control the things you can and Don't Worry about the things you can't
control.

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hi,

Thanks for all the help re my font questions.
As this question is a bit different, will start a new thread.

Anyone have any experience with, or opinions on, what is the best or most
appropriate font(s) to use for a resume ?

Thanks,
B.

I agree, for two reasons:

1. Because it is so ubiquitous, TNR is "invisible." Unless your résumé is
for a design-related specialty, there's no need to get fancy. "Neatness
counts," of course, but you can have a clean and attractive layout with any
font.

2. If you need to submit the résumé electronically, you can count on the
recipient's having TNR installed.

"Robert11" wrote in message
Hi,

Thanks for all the help re my font questions.
As this question is a bit different, will start a new thread.

Anyone have any experience with, or opinions on, what is the best or

most
appropriate font(s) to use for a resume ?

Thanks,
B.

Stan Brown

On Sun, 22 May 2005 08:48:10 -0400, "Robert11"
wrote:
Anyone have any experience with, or opinions on, what is the best or most
appropriate font(s) to use for a resume ?

I used Bookman Old Style for mine, and it got favorable comments:
different from Times New Roman but not too different.

Really, IMHO you should pick a font that looks like the kind of job
you're applying for. In a highly creative and modern field you'd
select a modern font; in banking you'd select something traditional
like Baskerville or TNR.

http://OakRoadSystems.com/
"I feel a wave of morning sickness coming on, and I want to
be standing on your mother's grave when it hits."

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I stick to the KISS principal. Stick to Times New Roman regardless of the
position you are applying for.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
Again, always assuming that the résumé will be presented only as hard
copy.

so
all may benefit.