Annette

Default cannot attach document to protected template

I have created a template in word XP and have inserted text form fields. eg:
surname
I have copied and pasted a text form fields as links in HTML format (ie
paste special - link- HTML format) as I want the surname to appear at the top
of the page as well as in the surname box.
I then protected the form and saved it as a template.
When I open it from templates as a word document I receive the error
"Word cannot attach a document to a protected template" and my linked often
doesn't update.
Can anyone help please?
Graham Mayor

Use a REF (or STYLEREF) field to duplicate the content of the form field.
Set the form field property of the relevant field to 'calculate on exit.' If
you are using a REF field in a header, you will additionally need to force
an update using a macro run on exit from the form field. You will find the
code and instructions for installing it at