Ger

Default Word 2003 Doesn't Maximize Correctly.. another End User!

Microsoft Word 2003 (sp1) doesn't maximize correctly. It is approx. 100
pixels from the top of the screen when maximized.

Would Microsoft please address this issue. Several people have posted here
asking for help in recent days!

--
Ger
Ger

The way to fixed this is to simply perform a Repair on the Office 2003
installation (from Add/Remove Programs). This successfully re-registers Word
2003 and solves the maximize offset issue mentioned.

--
Gerard O'Donnell, MCSD

"Ger" wrote:

Microsoft Word 2003 (sp1) doesn't maximize correctly. It is approx. 100
pixels from the top of the screen when maximized.

Would Microsoft please address this issue. Several people have posted here
asking for help in recent days!

--
Ger

Glenda

I also have this problem and apparently Microsoft doesn't even know how to
fix it. Microsoft's tech person suggested I delete the normal.doc file,
close and reopen the program. It was suppose to recreate the file and
correct it; it did not. I have a case # with them that is still open; they
just quit responding. The last time I heard from them was March 2005; even
though I e-mailed them again all I got was an automated reply saying my case
was accepted under my original case #; no word from an actual person.

Glenda

"_____________STANGE_____________________" wrote:

I have the same
problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ger" wrote:

Microsoft Word 2003 (sp1) doesn't maximize correctly. It is approx. 100
pixels from the top of the screen when maximized.

Would Microsoft please address this issue. Several people have posted here
asking for help in recent days!

--
Ger

Kathryn

I have this problem now too. I use Student and Teacher Edition 2003. Last
time I used Word it was fine. Now, it opens maximized a couple inches from
the top of the screen. It looks like someone dragged it down from the top,
actually, because it goes off the bottom of the screen, but I can't drag it
back up. Repair, of course, didn't.

"Glenda" wrote:

I also have this problem and apparently Microsoft doesn't even know how to
fix it. Microsoft's tech person suggested I delete the normal.doc file,
close and reopen the program. It was suppose to recreate the file and
correct it; it did not. I have a case # with them that is still open; they
just quit responding. The last time I heard from them was March 2005; even
though I e-mailed them again all I got was an automated reply saying my case
was accepted under my original case #; no word from an actual person.

Glenda

"_____________STANGE_____________________" wrote:

I have the same
problem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Ger" wrote:

Microsoft Word 2003 (sp1) doesn't maximize correctly. It is approx. 100
pixels from the top of the screen when maximized.

Would Microsoft please address this issue. Several people have posted here
asking for help in recent days!

--
Ger

ehammond

I FIGURED IT OUT (NO HELP FROM MICROSOFT)!!!

It seems that Outlook 2003 confuses Word 2003. If you have Outlook 2003
open and Word configured as your email editor, Outlook treats new Word
documents as Outlook child windows, even if they are not associated with
outlook. So some bug in Outlook limits the size of the maximized Word window.

The workaround for this is to close Word, close Outlook, and then open a new
Word document. The new Word document should maximize properly. Things seem
to work ok in Outlook too after you do this.