Microsoft work user

Default How to make horizontal columns, not vertical on page?

IN Microsoft word, I want to make colums. I know how to make colums, although
they are too long and thin.
I want to be able to turn the page horizontal, then add colums going
vertically. So the colums are wider and shorter.
IS there any way of doing this?!
Please help!
Me

Edit: not to worry, I fixed the problem!
I went to |File|Pg Setup|Margins|Landscape
(changed from portrait to landscape)
Thanks!