Ira Hill

Default Cursor is white line, not blace

New user of Office 2003. Unlike Office 2000, when typing a document in Word
or an email in Outlook, the mouse-controlled cursor in text is an almost
invisible white line (not black) which I cannot see to place accurately for
corrections, etc.

How do I get it to show in black? I tried the nearest analogy in the string
about cursors from Jay Freedman (Zoom to 500% then back to 100%) but even in
the 500 % the cursor line was white and did not show up except as a line cut
thru a letter -- if in a space or between lines it cannot be seen.
--
Ira needs help

Select the entire line of text (by clicking to the left of it) and press
Ctrl+Spacebar or go to Format | Font and make sure the color is set to
Automatic. It's possible that the paragraph mark has become formatted as
white (though at least in my version of Word this doesn't affect the actual
cursor, so this probably won't help).