delores

Default Can you compute a date in word?

I am trying to figure out if word can take todays date and then return me a
date that is 30.60 or 90 days in the future?
Graham Mayor

Yes but not easily - see
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902

delores wrote:
I am trying to figure out if word can take todays date and then
return me a date that is 30.60 or 90 days in the future?

Doug Robbins

Running a macro containing the following code will insert a date 30 days in
the future at the location of the cursor.

Selection.InsertBefore DateAdd("d", 30, Date)

You can use the formatting function to get the format that you want. e.g.

Selection.InsertBefore Format(DateAdd("d", 30, Date), "dddd, MMMM d, yyyy")

will insert

Monday, June 27, 2005

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"delores" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out if word can take todays date and then return me a
date that is 30.60 or 90 days in the future?

GTS

"delores" wrote in message
I am trying to figure out if word can take todays date and then return me

date that is 30.60 or 90 days in the future?

Don't know if Word can do that, but you could easily make the Word doc a
merge document and have an Excel worksheet that returns these dates for you.
You could have three columns headed date plus 30, date plus 60, date plus
90, and the first row after the header would be =Today()+30, =TODAY()+60 etc
Graham

Charles Kenyon

This is more complex than you might imagine, but it can be done. See
http://addbalance.com/word/datefields2.htm for information on the different
kinds of ways to make a date calculation work. It includes links to pages
with fields and an explanation of different macros that can be used instead
of fields.

--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.