monners

Default files become encrypted once they're saved

i've typed up a few esaay that, onced saved they become encrypted and are
unreadable. please help!!!!
Graham Mayor

Are you saving them to floppy? Never ever read from, write to or print from
floppy with Word. This is the most certain method of ensuring document
corruption. Copy to the hard disc and work on the document from there.
This is equally relevant to other removable media such as CDRW.

monners wrote:
i've typed up a few esaay that, onced saved they become encrypted and
are unreadable. please help!!!!

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

I have found that people who have (or are used to) older computers with
teeny hard disks are more likely to do that. And it's darned difficult to
convince them to do otherwise.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

monners wrote:
i've typed up a few esaay that, onced saved they become encrypted and
are unreadable. please help!!!!

monners

thank you for responding, when i save, i just go into file and save as. could
you please tell me what to do using idiot proof instructions? thanks
--
cheers me dears

"monners" wrote:

i've typed up a few esaay that, onced saved they become encrypted and are
unreadable. please help!!!!

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Save the file to your C drive instead of the A drive.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"monners" wrote:

i've typed up a few esaay that, onced saved they become encrypted and are
unreadable. please help!!!!

Amedee Van Gasse

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

I have found that people who have (or are used to) older computers
with teeny hard disks are more likely to do that. And it's darned
difficult to convince them to do otherwise.

Thank $DEITY for modern puters without legacy hardware like floppy
drives or serial ports.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

In that case yes but I can all but guarantee that if and when I get my next
system, I will still have a floppy drive. It may have to be external but I
have too many floppies and still know people who do not have writers on
their systems.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Amedee Van Gasse" wrote in message
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

I have found that people who have (or are used to) older computers
with teeny hard disks are more likely to do that. And it's darned
difficult to convince them to do otherwise.

Thank $DEITY for modern puters without legacy hardware like floppy
drives or serial ports.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1

Amedee Van Gasse

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP] shared this with us in
microsoft.public.word.newusers:

In that case yes but I can all but guarantee that if and when I get
my next system, I will still have a floppy drive. It may have to be
external but I have too many floppies and still know people who do
not have writers on their systems.

Good for you, but at least you know what you are doing. Some people
have to be protected from themselves, for their own mental sanity.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1