Donald Jacobs

Default Switching to Landscape

I am using Word 2000. I have a 4 page document, 3 of which have portrate
orientation and one (the 3rd in the set) needs to have landscape. How
do I get them to print correctly. I've tried making the 3rd page the
active page and then change the print set up to landscape BUT it changed
all ot the pages to landscape.

Any help would be appreciated.

Don Jacobs

Portrait vs. landscape is not a printer setting but a section property. In
order to change page orientation within a document, you need to insert
section breaks. See the first part of
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Formatting...apeSection.htm

"Donald Jacobs" wrote in message
I am using Word 2000. I have a 4 page document, 3 of which have portrate
orientation and one (the 3rd in the set) needs to have landscape. How
do I get them to print correctly. I've tried making the 3rd page the
active page and then change the print set up to landscape BUT it changed
all ot the pages to landscape.

Any help would be appreciated.

Don Jacobs

Amedee Van Gasse

Donald Jacobs shared this with us in microsoft.public.word.newusers:

I am using Word 2000. I have a 4 page document, 3 of which have
portrate orientation and one (the 3rd in the set) needs to have
landscape. How do I get them to print correctly. I've tried making
the 3rd page the active page and then change the print set up to
landscape BUT it changed all ot the pages to landscape.

Any help would be appreciated.

Don Jacobs

Use sections.
I don't know the exact menu item in English, but you can look it up in
the help file.

--
Amedee Van Gasse using XanaNews 1.17.4.1
JohnR

Go to the first character on page 3, then Filepage setup. Click on
landscape and look for Apply to:
Set for from this point forward. That will set this page to landscape.
Then go the the absolute last character on the page and do the same
procedure for portrait.
John