Alvis

Default Lost access to any assistants in Word 2000.

I don't know how I have lost access to any assistants in Word 2000. Can
anyone help me to reaccess them. Clicking on the Microsoft Word Help button
(the question mark) brings up the help menus, but not the assistant I used to
have.
rderize

From the Help menu, the first two items you should see are Microsoft Word
Help F1 & Show the Office Assistant. Select "Show the Office Assistant."
IF "Show the Office Assistant" is not in the drop-down menu, then you can
put it there.

To put the "Show the Office Assistant" onto the Help menu, do the following:
Right click on an Office Toolbar and select Customize (or under the Tools
menu, select Customize), select the Commands tab; in the Categories window,
select Windows and Help, then in the Commands window use the slider to
locate "Show the Office Assistant." Left click on "Show the Office
Assistant" and drag it up to the Help menu. When the Help menu opens,
position your new addition where you want it to be, and then release the
mouse button. Close the Customize dialog box. Now go to the Help menu and
select "Show the Office Assistant," and the assistant should appear.

"Alvis" wrote in message
I don't know how I have lost access to any assistants in Word 2000. Can
anyone help me to reaccess them. Clicking on the Microsoft Word Help

button
(the question mark) brings up the help menus, but not the assistant I used

have.

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
deegee[_2_] deegee[_2_] is offline

Its worse than that for me. I have lost access to any help menu, for all
prgrams on my PC, not just MS Office (word excel access) but also Sage,
Internet Explorer, etc
Clicking on "help" or "F1" produces nothing. I have tried replacing the "hh"
file in windows, but no luck.
Can anyone suggest an answer?
--
thank you for help