Clayton Remote User

Default Printing Problem with different computers

I did not even know what search term(s) to use, so a new question...

This will sound goofy but, I have a Win98 machine with only OEM Word 2002
and an old Lexmark printer (the families PC); and a WinXP Pro machine (mine)
with my full Office Pro '98 Suite and a new HP all-in-one.

Anyway, some of my Word documents print OK on the older outfit, but on the
newer one the document is "clipped" in half vertically and the left side is
duplicated in the right side as if it had columns.

Where do I start being able to determine why some print OK and others do not?

Thank you.
garfield-n-odie

Well, Office 98 is a Macintosh version of Office, so that's probably why
it's not printing correctly in Windows XP. That you were able to make
Office 98 run at all on Windows XP should make you very proud.

Clayton Remote User wrote:

I did not even know what search term(s) to use, so a new question...

This will sound goofy but, I have a Win98 machine with only OEM Word 2002
and an old Lexmark printer (the families PC); and a WinXP Pro machine (mine)
with my full Office Pro '98 Suite and a new HP all-in-one.

Anyway, some of my Word documents print OK on the older outfit, but on the
newer one the document is "clipped" in half vertically and the left side is
duplicated in the right side as if it had columns.

Where do I start being able to determine why some print OK and others do not?

Thank you.

Clayton Remote User

So sorry, my mistake, typed too many 98's.
The Office Suite is '97, and works fine on XP, except for a couple of Word
documents.
There is something in the formatting that I can not figure out. I might have
to redo the problem documents from scratch instead of relying on "Save As"
and editing...