Jack Sheet

Default Exporting picture images

Hi all

I have a Word document that contains imported pictures from file (jpg
format, if that means anything).
Is there a technique for exporting the picture files back into individual
jpg files? I have sort of found a way by copying the image to the
clipboard, pasting it into a "paint" program and then save-as using jpg
format, but I was wondering if there is a way to directly export the image
without going through a third-party application?

Thanks

--
Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears

JR

If you've imported the pics (jpg files) into a document, they still exist,
unless you have deleted them specifically. No need to export them. If they
are part of a document that you have received , they can be saved by the
process you describe. Those are NOT imported pictures though.

Good Luck
John

"Jack Sheet" wrote in message
Hi all

I have a Word document that contains imported pictures from file (jpg
format, if that means anything).
Is there a technique for exporting the picture files back into individual
jpg files? I have sort of found a way by copying the image to the
clipboard, pasting it into a "paint" program and then save-as using jpg
format, but I was wondering if there is a way to directly export the image
without going through a third-party application?

Thanks

--
Return email address is not as DEEP as it appears

Jack Sheet

Thanks

It looks as though the link from there to Stephen Lebans page does what I
want.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote in message
As JR says, if you used Insert | Picture | From File, then the original

file
still exists. If you pasted the pictures in, see
http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm

so
all may benefit.