Gold17

Default How do I stop Word Help from showing whenever I start Word?

I don't need the help window and it's very annoying to have to close every
time I open a Word document. I can't figure out how to stop it from
automatically showing. Thank you to anyone who can tell me how to get rid of
it.

I suspect you mean the task pane rather than the Help task pane
specifically. If disabling it from the UI* doesn't work, get the
TaskPaneController add-in from
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...owTaskPane.htm

*In Word 2002, there is a check box for "Show at startup" that you can
clear; in Word 2003, I feel sure there must be a comparable setting, but I
am currently at a loss to discover it.

"Gold17" wrote in message
I don't need the help window and it's very annoying to have to close every
time I open a Word document. I can't figure out how to stop it from
automatically showing. Thank you to anyone who can tell me how to get rid

of
it.

Gold17

Thanks for the download, that is something I'll use in the future, but did
not help with my current problem. The pane I am trying to get rid of says
"Template Help" at the top.

Thanks

"Gold17" wrote in message
I don't need the help window and it's very annoying to have to close every
time I open a Word document. I can't figure out how to stop it from
automatically showing. Thank you to anyone who can tell me how to get rid

of
it.

There is no Template Help task pane, and I don't find any such article in
the Help file, either. I suspect this may be something that is being created
by an add-in. Is it Help for a specific template you're using?

news

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

I suspect you mean the task pane rather than the Help task pane
specifically. If disabling it from the UI* doesn't work, get the
TaskPaneController add-in from
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/Customizat...owTaskPane.htm

*In Word 2002, there is a check box for "Show at startup" that you can
clear; in Word 2003, I feel sure there must be a comparable setting, but

am currently at a loss to discover it.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Gold17" wrote in message
I don't need the help window and it's very annoying to have to close

every
time I open a Word document. I can't figure out how to stop it from
automatically showing. Thank you to anyone who can tell me how to get

rid
of
it.

Gold17

Thanks

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

There is no Template Help task pane, and I don't find any such article

in
the Help file, either. I suspect this may be something that is being

created
by an add-in. Is it Help for a specific template you're using?

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

news Thanks for the download, that is something I'll use in the future, but