a_ryan1972

Default Deltaview and Word

I'm using Word 2002 and Deltaview 2.8. I have a document that was emailed
to me. The document was redlined using Deltaview. After it was redlined,
the user made revisions using the edit menu in Deltaview. The document was
then saved as a word doc. This new document is what was sent to me. When I
open the document and choose accept all changes, it only accepts the changes
that were made in Word. Any changes that were made to the redline in
Deltaview are still showing as additions and deletions and they use a
Deltaview style. Now, I need a clean version of this document. Is there any
way I can fix this without reformatting all of the additions and deletions?

Thanks.

Doreen

Deltaview shows changes by changing the formatting. Word actually keps
track of the changes, so they can be accepted or declined later. In order
to "accept" the changes, you can change the format of the "inserted text"
style and do a search for the "deleted text" style and replace it with
nothing.

Other than that, there's not much you can do for "accepting" changes made in
DeltaView.

"a_ryan1972" wrote:

[...]

Posted to microsoft.public.word.docmanagement
Illya Teideman Illya Teideman is offline

This is quite an old post but I'm guessing that other people may read it so I
may be of some assistance. Deltaview is being used incorrectly the edit
function is used to add markup to a "Redlined" document.

See: http://www.workshare.com/support/sup...ledgebase.aspx

When you perform a DeltaView comparison the resulting redline should be
treated as a static report of the differences between two documents. The
option to "edit redline" and to save as an editable format exist for two
reasons:
1. To edit the report before being sent or saved e.g. to add comments or a
watermark
and
2. In order to save the report to a shared format so that it may be read by
a third party without the DeltaView application.

Under no account should the redline be used as a new master document or
content copied from the redline report into an evolving document.

If the redline is used incorrectly it is likely to cause severe document
corruption and may cause subsequent DeltaView comparisons to fail and or
cause Word to behave incorrectly when using the document containing the
redline elements.