myhickory

Default I cannot rotate text in a word document

I have booklet that i have made and need to put a return address and logo in
upper left hand corner of ther first pade whish is in landscape format and
consists of two pages actually. the right hand side is the first page and the
left hand side is the last page. wheni insert my return address with logo and
try to rotate it in the corner of the page with the draw toolbar nothing
works. everything in the draw toolbar is not enabled and i cannot get it to
work now. It has worked fine since i purchased it in 2000. Can you tell me
what i need to do. I have tried to reinstall my office kpro and it stays the
same. AL

garfield-n-odie

Possibly the logo is inline with text? If you're using Word
2000-2003, right-click on the logo and set wrapping to something
other than "inline with text". If you're using Word 97,
right-click on the logo and set layout to "float over text".
Then you should be able to rotate the logo using one of the
Rotate buttons on the Drawing toolbar.

"myhickory" wrote in message

I have booklet that i have made and need to put a return address and logo

in

upper left hand corner of ther first pade whish is in landscape format

and

consists of two pages actually. the right hand side is the first page and

the

left hand side is the last page. wheni insert my return address with logo

and

try to rotate it in the corner of the page with the draw toolbar nothing
works. everything in the draw toolbar is not enabled and i cannot get it

work now. It has worked fine since i purchased it in 2000. Can you tell

me

what i need to do. I have tried to reinstall my office kpro and it stays

the

same. AL

Inline objects can't be rotated. Change the wrapping to some style other
than In Line With Text and then try again.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Text can't be rotated using the Drawing toolbar. Put the text in a text

box,
frame, or table cell and then use Format | Text Direction.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.