ireland

Default how to edit a 'non-source' file?

A word file is not allowing editing. I've tried options like selectall copy
paste in rtf notepad mail etc....but nothing gets copied on the screen.
However it seems okay to make copies of the same file in word. While it gives
an error message 'The server application, source file or item cannot be
found. Make sure the application is properly installed and that it has not
been deleted, moved or renamed'.
Please help.

Thanks
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?aXJlbGFuZA==?=,

A word file is not allowing editing. I've tried options like selectall copy
paste in rtf notepad mail etc....but nothing gets copied on the screen.
However it seems okay to make copies of the same file in word. While it gives
an error message 'The server application, source file or item cannot be
found. Make sure the application is properly installed and that it has not
been deleted, moved or renamed'.

this sounds like a third-party application interfering in the data exchange.
Something like Norton Anti-virus Office plug-in, for example. If you boot
Windows in Safe Mode, does copy/paste work more as you'd expect?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)