Lynn Cheeseman via OfficeKB.com

Default Markup

I have a document that never had markup used on it, but when opened mark up
is selected, even if removed and saved when opened again it is still
visable, if you use save as it still attaches the markup.
Daiya Mitchell

The only way remove the markup is to Accept All Changes. The dropdown menu
options on the reviewing toolbar do *not* remove markup, only hide it.

See here for an understanding of what is going on:
http://shaunakelly.com/word/trackcha...ngesWorks.html

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/