Elsie

Default Word 2003 Copy and Paste problem

I recently purchased Office 2003, and I am having TERRIFIC problems with
copying & pasting in Word 2003. It won't put the copy (or cut) on the
clipboard & does not paste what I've copied or cut.

Then the entire program will hang & shut down. Going back to it, it opens
my documents from Recovery.

Does anyone know what's wrong with it?
Lance

"Elsie" wrote:

I recently purchased Office 2003, and I am having TERRIFIC problems with
copying & pasting in Word 2003. It won't put the copy (or cut) on the
clipboard & does not paste what I've copied or cut.

Then the entire program will hang & shut down. Going back to it, it opens
my documents from Recovery.

Sorry, i don't have a solution. But, I did want to mention for anyone that
knows what to do, that:

I have a user with this exact problem. This also occurred in Word 2002/SP3.
Cut/copy and paste simply stops working. Nothing is copied to the clipboard
and if you paste, the last "good" copy is used (the last thing entered into
the clipboard successfully). This only occurs in Word. Excel, PowerPoint,
etc.. all work just fine - anything copied/cut goes into the clipboard and
can be seen in the viewer.

I've repaired.. Re-installed, etc. Replaced .DOT files, removed Adobe, all
sorts of things. I had to upgrade her machine anyhow, so it's even migrated
from Windows 2000, to her new XP machine. Generally, she cuts/copies from
Word documents with tables, some may have been created with older Word
versions. originally, it only occurred when using these tables. The repair
function used to "fix" the issue for a while, but it always returned. We're
not using Norton antivirus and there are no special add-ins for Word in use.
She is also the only person experiencing the problem and I've opened up the
same document in question (one of the main culprits) on my own machine and
can't re-create the problem.

I'm totally confuzzled by this one.

Thanks.

Elsie

Lance,

Thanks for the reply, although I'm still bum-fuzzled, too. Sometimes the
copy/cut-paste works fine, & then again it will not do a thing.

Elsie

"Lance" wrote:

"Elsie" wrote:

[...]

Cathy

I seem to have the same problem, intermittently, in Word 2003. The copy
function does not actually copy anything into the clipboard. I have tried to
copy using the drop-down toolbar menu, the right-click method, and control-c.
None of these actions puts the highlighted text into the clipboard. I
haven't figured out any pattern as to when or why this happens. Sometimes it
works, sometimes it doesn't. (I can always copy from Outlook or Internet
Explorer into Word, but I can't always copy from Word into something else.)
Note that I do not have any crashing problems like Elsie did, and Word seems
to run fine otherwise, so I'm reluctant to go through all the registry and
template fixes that Graham recommended.

Cathy

Cathy

"Lance" wrote:

"Elsie" wrote:

[...]

Cathy

A postscript to my earlier post: I should have also mentioned that my copy
of Word is part of Office 2003, not Microsoft Works. We use Symantec
antivirus. No Bluetooth.

Cathy