DMGinAZ

Default address book

I was wondering if there is a template out there for making my own address
book?
Michael Gill

Hi,

Have you tried looking through the samples on dgl.microsoft.com? They have
loads of stuff there. Even if they don't have exactly what you need, it
shouldn't be too difficult to modify something you like.

Michael

"DMGinAZ" wrote:

I was wondering if there is a template out there for making my own address
book?

Graham Mayor

Outlook?

DMGinAZ wrote:
I was wondering if there is a template out there for making my own
address book?

Darius Mead

How do you get Microsoft Word to recognize the windows address book? I would
like to be able to print an address on an envelope but whenever I try,
microsoft word claims I need to be logged onto microsoft exchange. I do
not neven know what microsoft exchange is and I am not particular interested
in it.

Wordperfect gets an address fine out of its own address book. I does not
require me to log onto corel exchange or anything haveing to do with corel.

Please contact me directly if possible. You will have to remove the REMOVE
from the following address
-------

Darius Mead

I exported Outlook Express Address book twice into both formats. Word.csv
and the other format that it allowed. Unfortunatly, the other fomat did not
allow me to coose the folder to put it in. Word does not seem to have an
edit preferences to that it will recognizce the exported address books.]

If I installed the full version of Outlook, would it work then? I have had
outlook but did not care for it as it was cluddered with stuff I do not use.

Why did Microsoft create word so it will not work with an address book that
they created?

Thanks

Any other ideas?
Graham Mayor

Darius Mead wrote:
I exported Outlook Express Address book twice into both formats.
Word.csv and the other format that it allowed. Unfortunately, the
other format did not allow me to choose the folder to put it in. Word
does not seem to have an edit preferences to that it will recognize
the exported address books.]

Word will quite happily use a CSV file as a data source for mail merge.

If I installed the full version of Outlook, would it work then? I
have had outlook but did not care for it as it was cluttered with
stuff I do not use.

Word will integrate with the Outlook Contacts list -
http://www.gmayor.com/mailmerge_from_outlook.htm

Why did Microsoft create word so it will not work with an address
book that they created?

In order to use Outlook Express, you need Microsoft Exchange which is an
expensive corporate solution. They provided Outlook as part of the Office
suite for the functionality you require.