BENEL

Default Grammar: Green wave line display

When typing in Word document & Microsoft Office Outlook, the
position of the Green Wave Line for incorrect grammer appears
above. Same also applies Red Wave Line for misspelled words.
The green wave line appears above the wording when it use to be
displayed underneath. Something changed in the computer a weeks
back that I have no idea how to correct this back to its normal display?
I have looked through all the files. Explains how to turn on & off the wave
line but no mention on the position for above or below appearence.

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Benel,

What languge is set for the text you're working in?
It could be a graphics card driver issue.

Do you get the same issue if you start Word by
holding down the ctrl key?

Do you get the same issue if you right click your
desktop and from properties turn down graphics card
acceleration 2 or more clicks.

============
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

BENEL

Hi Bob,

1) Language is set to English US.
2) Not able to start Word by holding down ctrl key
3) I have the same problem when entering via desktop.
right click desktop icon / open

turn down graphics card acceleration 2 or more clicks.
Don't know what you mean by this?

regards Benel

"BENEL" wrote in message ...
When typing in Word document & Microsoft Office Outlook, the
position of the Green Wave Line for incorrect grammer appears
above. Same also applies Red Wave Line for misspelled words.
The green wave line appears above the wording when it use to be
displayed underneath. Something changed in the computer a weeks
back that I have no idea how to correct this back to it's normal display?
I have looked through all the files. Explains how to turn on & off the wave
line but no mention on the position for above or below appearence.
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Benel,

What version of Word are you using (build from Help=About)
The Graphics card acceleration settings are available from
your desktop via Right click, Properties=Settings=Advanced=Troubleshooting

========
"BENEL" wrote in message ...
Hi Bob,

1) Language is set to English US.
2) Not able to start Word by holding down ctrl key
3) I have the same problem when entering via desktop.
right click desktop icon / open

turn down graphics card acceleration 2 or more clicks.
Don't know what you mean by this?

regards Benel
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

BENEL

Hello Bob,
Thank you for trying to help.
Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional.
Word: Part of Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003.
I did what you said, right click on desktop, properties etc.
with the graphics card acceleration down two notches but
made no difference after re-boot. Word grammer wave line
still the same, appearing above the wording.

"BENEL" wrote in message ...
Hi Bob,

1) Language is set to English US.
2) Not able to start Word by holding down ctrl key
3) I have the same problem when entering via desktop.
right click desktop icon / open

turn down graphics card acceleration 2 or more clicks.
Don't know what you mean by this?

regards Benel
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?QkVORUw=?=,

Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional.
Word: Part of Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003.
I did what you said, right click on desktop, properties etc.
with the graphics card acceleration down two notches but
made no difference after re-boot. Word grammer wave line
still the same, appearing above the wording.

Building on something Bob asked...

START/Programs/Microsoft Office/Microsoft Office Tools/Language tools (or
something like that, look for the Language tools). What languages do you have
activated in the list, there?

Another thought: if you start Windows in Safe Mode, do you still see the same
behavior?

What version of Word are you using (build from Help=About)
The Graphics card acceleration settings are available from
your desktop via Right click,

Properties=Settings=Advanced=Troubleshooting

1) Language is set to English US.
2) Not able to start Word by holding down ctrl key
3) I have the same problem when entering via desktop.
right click desktop icon / open

turn down graphics card acceleration 2 or more clicks.
Don't know what you mean by this?

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Benel,

You should be able to start Word 2003 in Office Safe
mode by holding down the ctrl key when clicking the
icon for Word until it asks if you want to start in
Office safe mode. You said that you weren't able to
start Word that way. What message or ??? do you get
when doing so.

Is any of the text where you're seeing this set as
'lowered' in Format=Font=Character spacing? The
grammar (wavy green) and spell check (wavy red)
indicators tend to stay where they expect the text
to be 'normally' so lowering the text can put the
lines above the wording.

=======
"BENEL" wrote in message ...
Hello Bob,
Thank you for trying to help.
Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional.
Word: Part of Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003.
I did what you said, right click on desktop, properties etc.
with the graphics card acceleration down two notches but
made no difference after re-boot. Word grammer wave line
still the same, appearing above the wording.
--
Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

BENEL

Yes..Problem solved.
It was to do with Format, Font, Character Spacing,
Position, Normal. Thank you
Very much appreciated your help.
kind regards
Benel