mjwal24

Default Dates

I'm trying to use the ASK field to prompt the user for a date. I'm trying to
format that response to be, for example, "December 31, 2005". How can I do
this?
Graham Mayor

What's the date for? You may be better with a {createdate \@ "MMMM d, yyyy"}
field or if it is a calculated date - see
http://www.wopr.com/cgi-bin/w3t/show...?Number=249902 An ASK field assigns
the text entered to a bookmark. You may be able to add a date switch to the
associated REF field, but what it produces will depend on what the user
enters, and you cannot enforce that - only recommend it with a suitable
prompt.

If you are prompting for information, a userform will provide more control.