Skytripper

Default paginating

Paginating takes so long to update every time I move up or down the document.
Is there any way I can stop it fro doing this while I am still editing the
document? I would like to switch it off for now while I'm editing, then
switch it back on again when I'm done!!! I tried going to Format | Paragraph
| Lines and Page Breaks and I unmarked all the boxes (after I selected all
via ctrl+a), but that still didn't work!! Heeeeeeeeelp!!!
Many thanks.
Jay Freedman

Skytripper wrote:
Paginating takes so long to update every time I move up or down the
document. Is there any way I can stop it fro doing this while I am
still editing the document? I would like to switch it off for now
while I'm editing, then switch it back on again when I'm done!!! I
tried going to Format | Paragraph
Lines and Page Breaks and I unmarked all the boxes (after I selected
all

via ctrl+a), but that still didn't work!! Heeeeeeeeelp!!!
Many thanks.

Sorry, wrong dialog...

First, click View Normal. This gives you a reduced-functionality view of
the document. Now you can go to Tools Options General and uncheck the
first box, Background repagination.

The Normal view has some characteristics you might not care for. It can't
show any floating objects (pictures, graphs, text boxes, tables), only
in-line pictures and tables. It doesn't show headers and footers, or page
borders, or backgrounds. Basically, it's great for throwing huge amounts of
text into the document. When you're ready to format the pages, then you
switch into Page Layout view.

As soon as you go into Page Layout view (either from the View menu or by
opening a header or footer), Word automatically turns on background
pagination. It has to, because that's the only way it can figure out what
goes on which page.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman