Dustin

Default Typing filename in "Save as" dialog delays.

Recently a user started having a small problem with Word 2003 (I think it
might even do it in Excel). When he goes to File - Save As and types a
filename it takes anywhere from 2-10 seconds for the text he typed to show
up. This appears to only happen on mapped network drives, however, no other
user in his department is having this issue when saving to the network. I
even tried using my machine across a WAN connection and I didn't experience
any problems. Any ideas on what to try?

Thanks
Dustin
Howard Mosoff

I am also suffering from this same dilemna. I have found that when going
into "My Network Places" by deleting all unwanted mappings, helps
tremendously. However, I'd love to find out how to turn off this auto
discovery option as this problem continues to persist every time auto
discovery tries to figure out what and who is on the network.

Howard.

"Dustin" wrote:

Recently a user started having a small problem with Word 2003 (I think it
might even do it in Excel). When he goes to File - Save As and types a
filename it takes anywhere from 2-10 seconds for the text he typed to show
up. This appears to only happen on mapped network drives, however, no other
user in his department is having this issue when saving to the network. I
even tried using my machine across a WAN connection and I didn't experience
any problems. Any ideas on what to try?

Thanks
Dustin

Dustin

Finally got it working better. I had to delete the following in his user
profile:
Under Documents & Settings
Deleted Files in the following folders:
Nethood
Application Data\Microsoft\Office
Local Settings\Temp
Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Office