PamIam

Default How do I show org charts in normal mode

I have created an org chart in Word Xp, but cannot view it in normal mode. I
checked the format and it is correct according to the Help function. When I
click on the chart I see only a black box.
Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?UGFtSWFt?=,

I have created an org chart in Word Xp, but cannot view it in normal mode.

Using which menu commands?

The Org chart functionality introduced in that version requires a Drawing
Canvas. A Drawing Canvas is a SHAPE, and is therefore only visible in the
Drawing Layer of a document. And the Normal view can't show anything that
resides in the Drawing Layer. AutoShapes (including the Drawing Canvas)
can't be put into the document text (inline with text), even though you are
able to activate the option for them, and they behave as if they were
in-line with text. In reality, this is just a special type of text flow that
makes them appear to be in-line with the text. But the Normal view knows the
difference.

You'd have to CUT the Org char to the Clipboard, then paste in a graphics
format. But doing this would mean you can no longer edit the Org Chart.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org