SirRoman

Default custom tool bars

Word 2003 will not retain my custom toolbars!
Also it will not retain my default font change!
Wold appreciate any help on this.
Thanks
Neville
Anne Troy

This has everything to do with permissions on your Normal.dot file (as set
by your PC or your IT department) and nothing to do with Word (unless, of
course, your Word is hosed, which is doubtful).
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

"SirRoman" wrote in message
Word 2003 will not retain my custom toolbars!
Also it will not retain my default font change!
Wold appreciate any help on this.
Thanks
Neville

garfield-n-odie

If you have Acrobat 7.0 installed, then Create Adobe PDF toolbar
add-in for Word prevents Word from automatically saving changes
to your Normal.dot template (which is where toolbar
customizations and the default font choice is stored). One
workaround is to customize your toolbars and default font, and
then click on "Shift+File | Save All" to force Word to save the
Normal.dot template. Another workaround is to prevent the PDF
toolbar add-in from loading, as described in the last section of
http://www.gmayor.com/lose_that_adob...at_toolbar.htm , but
you'll lose the PDF toolbar if you do this.

SirRoman wrote:
Word 2003 will not retain my custom toolbars!
Also it will not retain my default font change!
Wold appreciate any help on this.
Thanks
Neville

Anne Troy

Sweet, GnO
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com
www.MyExpertsOnline.com

SirRoman wrote:
Word 2003 will not retain my custom toolbars!
Also it will not retain my default font change!
Wold appreciate any help on this.
Thanks
Neville

Jezebel

Another possible culprit is Acrobat 6 (full version, not the reader) which
blocks saves to normal.dot.

news:5be14$42c0e6b8$97c5108d$28950@allthenewsgroup s.com...

"SirRoman" wrote in message
Word 2003 will not retain my custom toolbars!
Also it will not retain my default font change!
Wold appreciate any help on this.
Thanks
Neville

SirRoman

Thank you.
I do have Acrobat 7 Pro installed.
The "Shift+File | Save All" solved the problem.
Thanks.
Neville