Lori Hornick

Default Locking Macros to Template to allow spell check in forms

I have followed all the procedures required to allow spell check in forms
using the method described in:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ProtectDoc.htm

I even have a nifty little toolbar button identical to the spellcheck icon
that activates it.

When I send the form to others to use, however, the button does not work for
them. The macro is missing. Is this because somehow I am not saving the
macro to the template? If so, how do I fix this?
--
Lori
Charles Kenyon

Are you sending the template or a document based on the template?

Where did you store the macro? You can find it using the vba editor
(Alt-F11).
--
Charles Kenyon

from my ignorance and your wisdom.

"Lori Hornick" wrote in message
I have followed all the procedures required to allow spell check in forms
using the method described in:

http://www.word.mvps.org/FAQs/Macros...ProtectDoc.htm

I even have a nifty little toolbar button identical to the spellcheck icon
that activates it.

When I send the form to others to use, however, the button does not work
for
them. The macro is missing. Is this because somehow I am not saving the
macro to the template? If so, how do I fix this?
--
Lori

Lori Burton

I'm pretty sure I have the macro and the toolbar assigned to the template.
The problem is when I send the template (by email attachment, for instance)
and the receiver opens the attachment, a new document "Document1" is created.
The toolbar shows up, but when they press the spell check button on the new
toolbar the macro can't be found. I've made sure that it has nothing to do
with macro security settings. When I unlock the document and view macros,
the macro I created is found under the template but not the new document
created by the template. Hope this makes sense.
--
Lori

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

[...]

Charles Kenyon

They will want to be saving your template to their user templates folder and
creating the new document from there. It is likely that they have macro
security set to "high."
--

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

[...]

Lori Burton

Is this really the only way? We're trying to put forms on our server that
are accessible to all employees and if they're required to copy and paste
them into their template directory it will defeat the purpose of ensuring the
employees are always using the latest/greatest version.
--
Lori

"Charles Kenyon" wrote:

[...]

Charles Kenyon

Put the forms in a workgroup templates folder rather than sending to
everyone.

For more on the different kinds of templates, tabs on the file new dialog,
and locations of templates folders see
http://addbalance.com/usersguide/templates.htm.
--

Charles Kenyon