Sheila Alllen

Default scanned document looks different

I scanned a document to Word . The lines and boxes were all left out and only
the text portions show up. How do I make it look the same as original and
still be able to fill in the text? (It's a government document and I'm trying
to work from home).
JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

Tweak it. Scanning a document with OCR is never perfect. And I'd make sure
you proof-read that thing CAREFULLY.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Sheila Alllen" Sheila wrote in message
I scanned a document to Word . The lines and boxes were all left out and
only
the text portions show up. How do I make it look the same as original and
still be able to fill in the text? (It's a government document and I'm
trying
to work from home).

JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]

If you were sent a paper doc, I'd suggest filling it out and mailing it back
in. By the time you proofread it, tweak it, figure out if/how to add in the
blocks, etc, you could fill the form out and have it in a mailbox.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

Tweak it. Scanning a document with OCR is never perfect. And I'd make
sure
you proof-read that thing CAREFULLY.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Sheila Alllen" Sheila wrote in
message
I scanned a document to Word . The lines and boxes were all left out and
only
the text portions show up. How do I make it look the same as original
and
still be able to fill in the text? (It's a government document and I'm
trying
to work from home).

lostinspace

"JoAnn Paules [MSFT MVP]" wrote:

Tweak it. Scanning a document with OCR is never perfect. And I'd make
sure
you proof-read that thing CAREFULLY.

--

JoAnn Paules
MVP Microsoft [Publisher]

"Sheila Alllen" wrote in message
I scanned a document to Word . The lines and boxes were all left out and
only
the text portions show up. How do I make it look the same as original
and
still be able to fill in the text? (It's a government document and I'm
trying
to work from home).

If you desire line and borders in a scanned/OCR'd object?
You have but three choices"
1) You scan as an image.
2) You use a OCR software specifically designed for forms, such as
AbbyReader.
3) You OCR the text and insert the borders manually.