Brian

Default Dynamic Table of Contents?

Is there any way I can dynamically generate the table of contents based on
the value of a field in a form.

i.e. When a new form is filled in, the TOC is automatically updated with a
new entry.

Shauna Kelly

Hi Brian

A table of contents in Word is a field, and fields don't update dynamically.
They will update if you click in the Table of Contents and do F9, or do
ctrl-a to select the whole document and do F9, or switch to print preview,
or print the document (assuming you have ticked the box at Tools Options
Print Update Fields).

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word