WillieWorstel

Default Linked values

Hi,

I've created a technical manual that acts as a template for many customers.
In the appendix I've created a table that contains all technical details
like settings, passwords etc. How can I link the values in the appendix to
the text in the manual so that when I change the values in the appendix, the
manual is correct for the specific customer?

I've tried some things with fields and cross-references, but without any
luck. I'm using Word 2000 but if 2002/2003 is needed, no problem.

Jeroen

Greg Maxey

You should be able to do this with REF fields.

Select and bookmark the details for a particular component in the appendix.
Lets call the bookmark "Pump."

In the manual include a field { Pump }. The { } are entered with CTRL+F9.
Right click the field and select update field. The pump details should
appear. If you change the details in the appendix you simply update the
field again to reflect the changes. There are several methods to update all
fields in the document. Post back if you need more help.

--
Greg Maxey/Word MVP
A Peer in Peer to Peer Support