Toody

Default How do I change the color of Microsoft clipart?

Can I still edit the color of Microsoft clipart? I know that many years ago,
the clipart that I received with Word was editable. For instance, I was able
to select a green musical note, right click on it, and select grouping, then
"change color." Now I can't do that -- I even looked up information on
editing clipart on my "Help" menu, but I couldn't find anything on the
subject.

Is Microsoft clipart no longer able to be changed to a different color?
CyberTaz

Hi Toody-

You still have that option, but the clipart must have text wrap of some sort
applied before you can ungroup it. As long as the image is an "in-line"
graphic, it can't be ungrouped.

HTH |:)

"Toody" wrote:

Can I still edit the color of Microsoft clipart? I know that many years ago,
the clipart that I received with Word was editable. For instance, I was able
to select a green musical note, right click on it, and select grouping, then
"change color." Now I can't do that -- I even looked up information on
editing clipart on my "Help" menu, but I couldn't find anything on the
subject.

Is Microsoft clipart no longer able to be changed to a different color?

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi ?B?VG9vZHk=?=,

Can I still edit the color of Microsoft clipart? I know that many years ago,
the clipart that I received with Word was editable. For instance, I was able
to select a green musical note, right click on it, and select grouping, then
"change color."

Unfortunately, you don't tell us which version of Word you're working with, so
it's not certain we can tell you the proper command to look for. The answer is
Yes, however, you can change the colors.

Try this: Tools/Customize/Commands. From the Drawing category, look for
"Disassemble picture" (or something very similar). Drag it to the Drawing
toolbar. Close the dialog box. Click on a ClipArt, then use this tool.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Toody

Cindy and CyberTaz,

Thanks for the help! I'm sorry -- I forgot to tell you that I have Word 2003.

I found another way to edit the color of clipart. I click on the inserted
clipart and then on "edit picture." I click on the clipart again, and then on
"format autoshape." I then click on the "colors and lines" drop down menu to
select a color

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

Hi ?B?VG9vZHk=?=,

Can I still edit the color of Microsoft clipart? I know that many years ago,
the clipart that I received with Word was editable. For instance, I was able
to select a green musical note, right click on it, and select grouping, then
"change color."

Unfortunately, you don't tell us which version of Word you're working with, so
it's not certain we can tell you the proper command to look for. The answer is
Yes, however, you can change the colors.

Try this: Tools/Customize/Commands. From the Drawing category, look for
"Disassemble picture" (or something very similar). Drag it to the Drawing
toolbar. Close the dialog box. Click on a ClipArt, then use this tool.

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

include in visio icons for standard microsoft apps Jonathan Stern Microsoft Word Help 1 May 20th 05 07:16 AM
ClipArt Jet Microsoft Word Help 1 May 18th 05 11:40 PM
change a document from microsoft word 2002 into MLA style format? Mike Microsoft Word Help 1 May 12th 05 02:51 AM
can u change a picture that was scanned onto a disk in microsoft . PICTURE PROBLEMS New Users 1 February 22nd 05 08:10 AM
Importing microsoft publisher file into microsoft word howdyinohio Microsoft Word Help 1 February 22nd 05 04:27 AM