Don

Default Even Dark Courier font is not dark enough.

Movie scripts must be submitted with a Courier 12 font, but with my Brother
1435 laser printer, even the Dark Courier is not dark enough and I've made
all the adjustments I can with the printer. I'm told it's much the same with
any laser printer. I don't know why but the Arial font is much darker than
dark courier. My question . . . Does anyone know if there's a font very
similar to courier that will come out as dark as arial? I'm a a loss. This
courier font is a typewriter legacy and is positively the worst font in the
world for scripts--or anything else. Yet they insist on it even as it
destroys their eyes. Any suggestions at all?
--
Thanks, Don

There are other fonts that have a "typewriter" look to them, but there's no
telling whether they would be acceptable to the movie gods or not. You might
want to post this question in the microsoft.public.word.printingfonts
newsgroup, though, as you'll get a better-informed response there.

"Don" wrote in message
Movie scripts must be submitted with a Courier 12 font, but with my

Brother
1435 laser printer, even the Dark Courier is not dark enough and I've made
all the adjustments I can with the printer. I'm told it's much the same

with
any laser printer. I don't know why but the Arial font is much darker

than
dark courier. My question . . . Does anyone know if there's a font very
similar to courier that will come out as dark as arial? I'm a a loss.

This
courier font is a typewriter legacy and is positively the worst font in

the
world for scripts--or anything else. Yet they insist on it even as it
destroys their eyes. Any suggestions at all?
--
Thanks, Don

CyberTaz

Hi Don-

Can't help with the alternative to Courier, especially if the 'standard' has
to do with chars/in., or with getting more out of the printer, itself. But as
a thought, what about the paper you're using? Coated stock with a high
brightness rating blended specifically for laser printers (similar to photo
quality) should give you as much contrast as possible.

The only other ideas are to move the content into a pro publishing program
that might give you more control over output settings or have the final
drafts done by a commercial service.

Good Luck |:)

"Don" wrote:

Movie scripts must be submitted with a Courier 12 font, but with my Brother
1435 laser printer, even the Dark Courier is not dark enough and I've made
all the adjustments I can with the printer. I'm told it's much the same with
any laser printer. I don't know why but the Arial font is much darker than
dark courier. My question . . . Does anyone know if there's a font very
similar to courier that will come out as dark as arial? I'm a a loss. This
courier font is a typewriter legacy and is positively the worst font in the
world for scripts--or anything else. Yet they insist on it even as it
destroys their eyes. Any suggestions at all?
--
Thanks, Don

James Aguilar

"Don" wrote:

Movie scripts must be submitted with a Courier 12 font, but with my Brother
1435 laser printer, even the Dark Courier is not dark enough and I've made
all the adjustments I can with the printer. I'm told it's much the same with
any laser printer. I don't know why but the Arial font is much darker than
dark courier. My question . . . Does anyone know if there's a font very
similar to courier that will come out as dark as arial? I'm a a loss. This
courier font is a typewriter legacy and is positively the worst font in the
world for scripts--or anything else. Yet they insist on it even as it
destroys their eyes. Any suggestions at all?

Some of us prefer Courier for just about any type of work (I compose
letters, papers, emails, and programs in Courier New, then convert them to a
more readable font when it's time to transfer them to another reader).

But to your question: have you tried bolding the font then printing?

Don

Thanks James. Bold is dark enough, but I think it changes the look too much.
Anyway, someone on another thread suggested the idea that copies of the
script made on a copier could be darkened and I think this may be the answer.

--
Cheers, Don