chempo

Default how do I convert a saved word document photo to a jpg format?

I scanned a few photos & saved them on word, but when I attempt to upload
them onto a website (eg., a dating service) from my word 'my documents'
files, it comes back 'unidentifyable format..must be in jpg?' How do I
convert?
Anne Troy

Try saving the Word doc as HTML. This creates a folder with the images in
it. Then, you should be able to upload just the image.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"chempo" wrote in message
I scanned a few photos & saved them on word, but when I attempt to upload
them onto a website (eg., a dating service) from my word 'my documents'
files, it comes back 'unidentifyable format..must be in jpg?' How do I
convert?

chempo

I went back and saved the photo in save type 'html', attempted to upload onto
a website..received same response : 'unable to upload..must be in jpg'..what
am I doing wrong!!??

"chempo" wrote:

I scanned a few photos & saved them on word, but when I attempt to upload
them onto a website (eg., a dating service) from my word 'my documents'
files, it comes back 'unidentifyable format..must be in jpg?' How do I
convert?

Anne Troy

Did you upload a JPG file?
First, I think you are not even recognizing the difference between files.
Word creates a document file. You've somehow got the image in Word. You need
to have a JPG which is a picture file. When you save the Word document (put
it on your desktop!) to HTML, a folder will ALSO be created with the same
name. Close Word after you've saved. Go look in the new folder on your
desktop. In it, you should see image files. Double-click to make sure it IS
an image and NOT a document before you try to upload it. FORGET the Word
document after you save as html. Don't pay attention to the HTML file that
is created. ONLY pay attention to the folder that is created, and what's
inside it. If you only have one picture in your Word doc, there should only
be one picture in the folder that gets created when you save as HTML.
Slow down, pay attention. You'll get it.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

news:900fb$42d4a1d3$97c5108d$30633@allthenewsgroup s.com...

"chempo" wrote in message
I scanned a few photos & saved them on word, but when I attempt to

upload
them onto a website (eg., a dating service) from my word 'my documents'
files, it comes back 'unidentifyable format..must be in jpg?' How do I
convert?

chempo

It worked!! Thank you so much Anne...I've been trying to figure this out for
months!! You've opened my eyes & mind..It was easier than I thought..You were
right..I just needed to take my time..I'm ever so grateful...

"chempo" wrote in message
I scanned a few photos & saved them on word, but when I attempt to

upload
them onto a website (eg., a dating service) from my word 'my documents'
files, it comes back 'unidentifyable format..must be in jpg?' How do I
convert?

Anne Troy

Phew! I did worry a bit. I hoped it wasn't my explanation!
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"chempo" wrote in message
I scanned a few photos & saved them on word, but when I attempt to

upload
them onto a website (eg., a dating service) from my word 'my

documents'
files, it comes back 'unidentifyable format..must be in jpg?' How

do I
convert?

Cankat Akdemir

by the way you can the print screen feature.

"HM Reynolds" HM , haber iletisinde
şunları ...

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Your mistake was in saving the photos in Word in the first place. You
should
be able to scan them directly into a photo editing application (such as
Microsoft Photo Editor) and save them directly from there as .jpg files.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org
so
all may benefit.

"chempo" wrote in message
I scanned a few photos & saved them on word, but when I attempt to
upload
them onto a website (eg., a dating service) from my word 'my documents'
files, it comes back 'unidentifyable format..must be in jpg?' How do I
convert?

For what? FWIW, for images already in Word, see
http://www.gmayor.com/extract_images_from_word.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Your mistake was in saving the photos in Word in the first place. You
should
be able to scan them directly into a photo editing application (such as
Microsoft Photo Editor) and save them directly from there as .jpg

files.

Word MVP FAQ site:
http://word.mvps.org

newsgroup