mattie

Default Adding a header to a landscape page

I am formatting a document where all of the pages except one are portrait. I
have one page that is landscaped and I am also doing odd/even headers.

On my landscape page, I need for my header to be portrait and on the right
side. Can someone show me an easier way to do it than creating dummy pages?

Daiya Mitchell

Yep, see he

http://www.word.mvps.org/faqs/format...apeSection.htm

--
Daiya Mitchell, MVP Mac/Word
Word FAQ: http://www.word.mvps.org/

SVC

Unfortunately, Word does not have this feature (yet).

See this link:

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/MarginalText.htm

You could also try inserting a text box in the landscape page's header, then
change the text direction and add the information you want manually. Don't
forget to uncheck Same as previous in the Header/footer toolbar on the
following page to prevent your formatting from carrying over to the header
after the landscape page.

"mattie" wrote:

I am formatting a document where all of the pages except one are portrait. I
have one page that is landscaped and I am also doing odd/even headers.

On my landscape page, I need for my header to be portrait and on the right
side. Can someone show me an easier way to do it than creating dummy pages?

mattie

Thanks for the help, but I still am not understanding this. Is there an easy
way to do this? I have no idea how to set this up without losing my headers
throughout my whole document?
I wish I could post the page here so that I could show you the layout!!

"mattie" wrote:

I am formatting a document where all of the pages except one are portrait. I
have one page that is landscaped and I am also doing odd/even headers.

On my landscape page, I need for my header to be portrait and on the right
side. Can someone show me an easier way to do it than creating dummy pages?

SVC

Take a look at this explanation of headers and footers and see if this makes
it clearer how they work and what steps you can take to work with the
suggestions already provided.

http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/HeaderFooter.htm

"mattie" wrote:

I am formatting a document where all of the pages except one are portrait. I
have one page that is landscaped and I am also doing odd/even headers.

On my landscape page, I need for my header to be portrait and on the right
side. Can someone show me an easier way to do it than creating dummy pages?

Daiya Mitchell

If the problem is that the changes are applying to the entire document,
sounds like you skipped step 9 (unlink the headers) or possibly steps 4 and
6. For steps 4 and 6, you need to make sure that you insert a Next Page
*Section* Break, not a regular page break.

In fact, checking in my MacWord 2004, I notice that following the exact
steps could easily insert the wrong type of break. Not sure what version
you are using, but Word has slightly adjusted some of the menus since the
article was written.