{{Distressed Copt.}}

Default complaint about offensive material in word definitions

This post is going up because i cannot find an approriate place for this post
to go or be sent to without microsoft deciding they need to incurr some kind
of fee on me. Please inform me if there is a more appropriate place for this
to go.

I was doing a religion assessment on the major heresies of Christianity when
i put in the word Monophysite for a definition i came to a horrific
definition which offended me greatly being a proud Coptic Orthodox Christian
for all my life.

The definition did not accuse my faith of monophysitism but rather made it
seem that my belief was in some way from a heretical background. After seeing
this definition I came across another definition from www.wikipedia.com which
CORRECTLY defined the word and made reference to the fact that the Oriental
Orthodox churches which the Coptic church is a part of were at the Fourth
Council of Chalcedon in 451 and were wrongly accused of this heresy because
of a language barrier which did not allow them to express their beliefs
correctly.

This inaccurate definition infuriates me because it accuses my beloved faith
of something which is not valid, and I have lost many hours of sleep because
of it. If information such as this was found about the Roman Catholic Church
I can guarantee you that your fantastic research team would look at more than
one source.

I demand something be done of this, it is unacceptable in any faith to
accuse it wrongly or something. If Office were to have some kind of security
leak im adamant that Microsoft would work day and night to resolve the
problem and somehow bring out an urgent update so that it does not cause
problems. This error has caused me large amounts of emotional distress due to
the fact that I feel betrayed by Microsoft, this is a €śsecurity leak€ť in my
religion and I feel very strongly about this, I ask Microsoft take immediate
action to resolve this issue and bring out a required update for office where
the information was not €ścopy-pasted€ť from the first website on a Google
search but rather researched properly from more than one source.

What I ask in return for my distress and sleepless nights is some kind of
update or a compromise is met I can assure you further action will be taken
if my demands are not met.

P.S. i am also upset about how there is no direct link if a complaint such
as this is wanting to be made

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

I'm assuming this is Office 2003 and you're doing a lookup
through the Research Task Pane? If so note that the search
results are from outside links that can be changed through the
'Research Options' link choice at the bottom of
the Research Task pane. The search and research services
available can vary by country.

========
"{{Distressed Copt.}}" {{Distressed wrote in message
This post is going up because i cannot find an approriate place for this post
to go or be sent to without microsoft deciding they need to incurr some kind
of fee on me. Please inform me if there is a more appropriate place for this
to go.

I was doing a religion assessment on the major heresies of Christianity when
i put in the word Monophysite for a definition i came to a horrific
definition which offended me greatly being a proud Coptic Orthodox Christian
for all my life. [snip]
--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx