kim

Default merge field not working

My problem has moved on a bit. could anyone tell me what is wrong with the
field code below?
It should insert the text selected and bookmarked as congrats into the merge
document.
The bookmarked text is stored in another word document called snail 1:

{IF {MERGEFIELD Inserts}="m_eng"{includetext"E:||Test docs\\Snail
stuff\\Alien1.doc"{congrats} } {\*MERGEFORMAT}"{IF{MERGEFIELD
Inserts{="h_eng" "good" "bad"}
I get an error saying book mark nor defined when I run it in those records
where the text needs to be inserted.
I have spent hours tweaking this around so help appreciated!
Thanks
Graham Mayor

You have a field {\*Mergeformat} which isn't a field at all? And you have
set Congrats , which presumably is a bookmark in the Included text also
demarked by field boundaries

{IF {MERGEFIELD Inserts}="m_eng" "{includetext"E:\\Test docs\\Snail
stuff\\Alien1.doc" congrats }" "{IF{MERGEFIELD
Inserts}= "h_eng" "good" "bad"}"}

seems to be closer to what you had in mind.