Jonathon

Default email merge embedding graphics

Hi all,

I am hoping someone can help? I am trying to email an html template that
dowloads its graphics from the web. I am using the mail merge email facility
to personalise the template to each recipient.

The problem I have is when I pull the template into word 2003 and then
complete the merge, the merge process seems to embed all the graphics into
the template. Hense the message becomes quite large in size.

How do I stop word from embedding the graphics?

Thanking you in anticipation.

Jon
--
Jonathon
Auckland
Peter Jamieson

I haven't re-researched this recently - it may not even be possible to get
this to work at the moment, but a few things you could try:

a. Use (or do not use!) the \*MERGEFORMATINET switch:

{ INCLUDEPICTURE http://picturelocation \*MERGEFORMATINET }

b. Wrap that field inside a QUOTE field:
{ QUOTE { INCLUDEPICTURE http://picturelocation \*MERGEFORMATINET } }

You may also find it necessary to...

c. uncheck Word|Tools|Options|General|Web options|Files|Update links on save

Peter Jamieson