vrk1

Default Multi-page Table

Is anyone aware of a command or setting that will add a symbol or arrow at
the bottom of a page when text is continued on the next page when a table
overflows to the next page?

Specifically, I'm using tables in MS Word, 6 columns by hundreds of rows.
It's a testing document and I've had testers miss the additional instructions
on the next page. I've turned off the "Break across Pages" for rows that are
large. It's helped, but it can leave one or two small rows on the previous
page creating a large space. These spaces have to be manually lined out and
sign/dated to show it's unused space (validation procedures).

I cannot change the font size or the column width. The only thing I've been
able to do is put sticky notes on the page indicating additional
instructions. Regrettably, these documents are between 30 and 200 pages long.
It would be handy if there was something automatic that could be done.

Is this possible?
Richard Neville

Could you use the Footer menu to do this? In the footer, you could type an
instruction, use Insert-Symbol to insert a small arrow, or use the Drawing
toolbar for a more elaborate arrow. Whichever you do, it would appear on all
pages of the section or document.

"vrk1" wrote in message
[...]

vrk1

Thanks for your reply.

What instruction (or macro command) would I use to check if the current
table on this page is overflowing to the next page and then insert a text
saying "Table Contd on next page"?

If you could provide me a instruction with a code sample I would appreciate
it.

thanks