mushymama

Default Formatting an AutoText list field in a table cell

I have a template with a table. In one of the cells I have an AutoTextList
field. For whatever AutoText entry I select, I want it to be formatted with
first caps.

I tried to change the font in the table style, but I don't see an option for
first caps. I've also tried adding format switches for \*Caps and
\*Charformat and \*MERGEFORMAT but none of them seem to work.

Is there any way format an autotext list field with first caps? Thanks!

(Windows 2000; Word 2002)
Doug Robbins

{QUOTE "doug robbins" \* Caps \* MERGEFORMAT } returns Doug Robbins

{ QUOTE "doug robbins" \* FirstCap \* MERGEFORMAT } returns Doug robbins

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP
"mushymama" wrote in message
I have a template with a table. In one of the cells I have an AutoTextList
field. For whatever AutoText entry I select, I want it to be formatted
with
first caps.

I tried to change the font in the table style, but I don't see an option
for
first caps. I've also tried adding format switches for \*Caps and
\*Charformat and \*MERGEFORMAT but none of them seem to work.

Is there any way format an autotext list field with first caps? Thanks!

(Windows 2000; Word 2002)

mushymama

Thanks! I put the quote around my AutoTextList field, but then when I
right-click I don't get the menu for the AutoText entries:

{ QUOTE {AUTOTEXTLIST \s "zUnits Length" \t "Right-click then select units"
} \* MERGEFORMAT }

Have I used the QUOTE field properly?

Let me give more specifics on the problem I'm having...

I have a table where the left column has text describing the data for each
row--the left column is formatted in Bold. There is a row that uses an
AutoTextList to select the units associated with a particular measurement so
that the row might say "Length in [units]", where "[units]" is the
AutoTextList field with entries for inches, feet, meters, cm, etc.

The AutoTextList field "[units]" starts out in bold, like the rest of the
left column. But when I right-click to select an AutoText entry, that entry
switches to regular and loses the bold formatting. If I right-click the
AutoTextList field again and select a different entry, the new entry switches
back to bold. How do I make the bold formatting persistent?