Steve Cosby

Default Display Problems

Two table related display issues are driving us nuts.

The first is that certain tables, when viewed at 100%, "shimmy". The
horizontal lines jump up and down within a range of a few pixels.

The second is that in a document with both portrait and landscape pages, if
a table is used in the footer, the footer will constantly shift its display
from portrait to landscape width. Printing is not affected but the "back and
forth" motion is exceptionally irritating.

Anybody ever experience this?

--
Steve Cosby, MAI

Klaus Linke

Hi Steve,

Since nobody replied yet: Maybe a buggy display driver or buggy printer
driver?

If the problem vanishes when you choose a different printer (maybe you have
"Microsoft Office Document Image Writer" available in Word2003, or "Adobe
PDF" from Adobe Distiller, if you don't want to install another printer for
testing), it's the printer driver.
If that doesn't help, but the problem vanishes when you start Windows in
safe mode, it's likely the graphics driver.

Regards,
Klaus

"Steve Cosby" wrote:
Two table related display issues are driving us nuts.

The first is that certain tables, when viewed at 100%, "shimmy". The
horizontal lines jump up and down within a range of a few pixels.

The second is that in a document with both portrait and landscape pages,
if
a table is used in the footer, the footer will constantly shift its
display
from portrait to landscape width. Printing is not affected but the "back
and
forth" motion is exceptionally irritating.

Anybody ever experience this?

--
Steve Cosby, MAI

Steve Cosby

Thanks for the reply - I think I should have stated one other item: both of
these "behaviors" are happening both to me and another person in Illinois.
He had asked me if I knew what caused them and, since I was experiencing it
too, I decided to ask here.

He uses an HP computer and an HP printer. I have a Dell and a Xerox
printer. Still, I'll give the "change printer driver" part a try when I see
it this morning.

Thanks,

--
Steve Cosby

"Steve Cosby" wrote:
Two table related display issues are driving us nuts.

The first is that certain tables, when viewed at 100%, "shimmy". The
horizontal lines jump up and down within a range of a few pixels.

The second is that in a document with both portrait and landscape pages,
if
a table is used in the footer, the footer will constantly shift its
display
from portrait to landscape width. Printing is not affected but the "back
and
forth" motion is exceptionally irritating.

Anybody ever experience this?

--
Steve Cosby, MAI

Klaus Linke

If it's not confidential, you could mail the doc to me too. It could be some
kind of corruption.

You might try to save as XML (if you have Word2003, else RTF might do), then
close and re-open that. Sometimes this repairs minor damages.

Regards,
Klaus

Table display problems JimSym Tables 1 June 11th 05 04:44 PM
How do I get all my Word documents within one Word window RobJacobs Microsoft Word Help 5 April 12th 05 03:04 AM
Why won't my language bar display? BubbaReece Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 05 09:36 AM
WORD 2002 will not display ASPX clip files. LOUISE Microsoft Word Help 1 January 11th 05 07:58 PM
File Corruption problems Frustrated Page Layout 2 December 3rd 04 09:47 PM