Steve Cosby

Default False misspelled words in Tables

In addition to the display issue, we have one other item that we can't seem
to figure out.

In some tables, Word does the red underline that a word is misspelled. Most
of the time, the spelling is correct. When you right click on the word, one
or two "suggestions" are given but none of them are correct.

Anybody else see this behavior? Any fix?

Thanks in advance,

--
Steve Cosby, MAI

Steve Cosby

We just found it.

For some reason, Word selects the French dictionary in tables. You can
reset to English by manually selecting "English" from the right-click menu on
the falsely reported misspelled word. Now, how to stop it (?)

--
Steve Cosby, MAI

"Steve Cosby" wrote:

In addition to the display issue, we have one other item that we can't seem
to figure out.

In some tables, Word does the red underline that a word is misspelled. Most
of the time, the spelling is correct. When you right click on the word, one
or two "suggestions" are given but none of them are correct.

Anybody else see this behavior? Any fix?

Thanks in advance,

--
Steve Cosby, MAI

Steve Cosby

Interesting thought. I went and checked the styles in the table and did not
find "French" anywhere. I checked the individual styles and the overall
table.

It just seems that the "auto-detect language" part just comes up with
"French" at inopportune times.

Very strange.

--
Steve Cosby, MAI

"Steve Cosby" wrote:

In addition to the display issue, we have one other item that we can't

seem
to figure out.

In some tables, Word does the red underline that a word is misspelled.

Most
of the time, the spelling is correct. When you right click on the word,

one
or two "suggestions" are given but none of them are correct.

Anybody else see this behavior? Any fix?

Thanks in advance,

--
Steve Cosby, MAI

Oh, that's why we suggest disabling language auto detection. It's not as
smart as it thinks it is.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

Are you using a table style? The language may be part of the

paragraph/font
formatting.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Steve Cosby" wrote:

In addition to the display issue, we have one other item that we

can't
seem
to figure out.

In some tables, Word does the red underline that a word is

misspelled.
Most
of the time, the spelling is correct. When you right click on the

word,
one
or two "suggestions" are given but none of them are correct.

Anybody else see this behavior? Any fix?

Thanks in advance,

--
Steve Cosby, MAI

Word's Document Map should detect headings in tables Kasama Microsoft Word Help 1 June 23rd 05 10:53 PM
macro problems Stephen Larivee New Users 6 April 7th 05 07:03 PM
How to delete misspelled words Sara Microsoft Word Help 1 January 13th 05 12:28 AM
Word Count mel Microsoft Word Help 2 December 14th 04 10:17 PM
how do I stop words from breaking up in tables Susan Delgado Tables 1 November 3rd 04 05:26 PM