Chuck

Default Formatting Date in Mail Merge

I have a swim team roster in Excel 2003. One of the fields is birthdate
formatted as a date mm/dd/yy.

When I merge that field using Word 2003 the date shows up as yyyy-mm-dd
00:00:00

How can I change the format to mm/dd/yy or mm/dd/yyyy?

Thanks!

Cindy Meister

You have to add a date formatting switch to the merge field:

{ Mergefield Birthday \@ "MM/dd/yy" }

Alt+F9 to show/hide the field codes.

-- Cindy