Ria

Default Insert file inserts tables with borders

Hello All,

I have two documents that seem the same. I have a third document with a
table in it that has no borders.
If I insert the third document in both my documents, in one of them the
third document is ok, while in the other document the table has borders.
While the original has none.

How is this possible. This only happens with Word 2002. In Word 2003 is goes
ok in both documents.
What I like to know is which setting in the document can influence this?

Shauna Kelly

Hi Ria

This was a bug in Word 2002 that was fixed in Word 2003. I also thought it
was fixed in a later service pack of Word 2002, so make sure that you have
the latest service pack.

In any case, the bug is caused by the underlying table style. The Table Grid
style is the default, and it's the buggy one. Click within your table. Do
Format Styles and Formatting and apply the Table Normal style. Make
whatever adjustments are necessary to get your borders as you want them.

If you can't see the Table Normal style, see section 1 of the following:
How the Styles and Formatting pane works in Word 2002 and 2003
http://www.ShaunaKelly.com/word/sfpa...ttingPane.html

The table should now copy and paste correctly.

Hope this helps.

Shauna Kelly. Microsoft MVP.
http://www.shaunakelly.com/word

news