Thomas V

Default Page X of Y

I have a document that has several sections, the first of which includes page
numbering in the format of x of y. I want to change the total number of pages
to be only the main part of the document and not all of the sections after
it. I cannot seem to find out how to do this, if at all possible. Help?
Jay Freedman

Thomas V wrote:
I have a document that has several sections, the first of which
includes page numbering in the format of x of y. I want to change the
total number of pages to be only the main part of the document and
not all of the sections after it. I cannot seem to find out how to do
this, if at all possible. Help?

Put a bookmark on the last page of the part of the document you want to
include, and name the bookmark LastPage (or anything else you like). In the
page numbering, replace the y part of "x of y" with the field {PAGEREF
LastPage}. That is, go to the Insert Field dialog, select PAGEREF from the
list of field types, and select the bookmark name.

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman