teddkilroy

Default letters/labels

Question, I have a thank you letter and a separate doc that has names,
address, city-st-zip for 60 people. I would like to use same letter and use
all 60 receipt info so that I have same letter addressed to 60 people?

What you are describing is a mail merge. See these articles:

How to create a Mail merge
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...AMailMerge.htm

Creating a mail merge Data Source
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...DataSource.htm

"teddkilroy" wrote in message
Question, I have a thank you letter and a separate doc that has names,
address, city-st-zip for 60 people. I would like to use same letter and

use
all 60 receipt info so that I have same letter addressed to 60 people?

finalword

Open your letter and perform a mailmerge using your separate address list
document as the data source. If you are using Word 2003, there is a new
MailMerge wizard that will walk you through the process.

"teddkilroy" wrote:

Question, I have a thank you letter and a separate doc that has names,
address, city-st-zip for 60 people. I would like to use same letter and use
all 60 receipt info so that I have same letter addressed to 60 people?

teddkilroy

I followed the wizard before i sent in the question and after, both in office
xp and 03. I keep getting the same problem, I have only one name out of 60
come out and its the same for all 60. This name is not even one of the 60,
this is what has me baffled.

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What you are describing is a mail merge. See these articles:

How to create a Mail merge
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...AMailMerge.htm

Creating a mail merge Data Source
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...DataSource.htm

"teddkilroy" wrote in message
Question, I have a thank you letter and a separate doc that has names,
address, city-st-zip for 60 people. I would like to use same letter and

use
all 60 receipt info so that I have same letter addressed to 60 people?

In Word 2002/2003, this can be very confusing because Word shows you a
"preview." Until you actually complete the merge, you don't get the actual
results. See http://www.gmayor.com/mail_merge_lab...th_word_xp.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

What you are describing is a mail merge. See these articles:

How to create a Mail merge
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...AMailMerge.htm

Creating a mail merge Data Source
http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/MailMerge/...DataSource.htm