Desparate

Default how to get the computer to read back paper in electronic voice?

In a previous version of word, I was able to get the computer to read back a
paper in an electronic voice for the purpose of paper revision. I cannot
find it in Office 2003. Someone help please. Where is it?
garfield-n-odie

1. In Windows XP, click on Start | Control Panel | Speech |
Text to Speech | choose voice and volume settings | OK. See
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=306902 "How To Configure and
Use Text-to-Speech in Windows XP" for more information.
2. Install all of the Alternative User Input features (in the
Office Shared Features category) from the Word/Office CD. These
features are not automatically installed in a typical installation.
3. In Word, click on Tools | Speech. It is not necessary to
completely configure Speech Recognition at this point, so you can
click on Cancel if you want to skip this part for now. The
Language toolbar should appear somewhere on the screen. Click on
the little downward-pointing triangle at the bottom right corner
of the Language toolbar, and make sure the "Speak Text" option is
checked.
4. Open a Word document, click where you want Word to begin
reading aloud, or select the text that you want Word to read
aloud, and click on the Speak button on the Language toolbar.