Melissa

Default re-introduce keyboard shortcuts in Task Pane

pre-Office 2003, the Format Style was in a floating box that I could close
by pressing the esc key. If I wanted to change the style of a selected text,
I did the following:

1. Select text
2. alt+"o"+"s"
3. "n" (if I wanted Normal style)
4. alt+"o"+enter to format the Font
5. change whatever font, etc. and press enter
6. press enter to exit the format style "floating box"

I didn't need the mouse at all!

Now, with Office 2003, I can still do # 1 and # 2, but I have to use the
mouse to:
1. look for the style (scroll up and down)
2. click on the drop-down arrow next to the style
3. Click on "Modify" to modify the style
before I can proceed with alt+"o" to make modifications.

More keyboard shortcuts please!

----------------
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

You can still do all of that the same way if you restore the FormatStyle
dialog to your menu.

"Melissa" wrote in message
pre-Office 2003, the Format Style was in a floating box that I could close
by pressing the esc key. If I wanted to change the style of a selected

text,
I did the following:

1. Select text
2. alt+"o"+"s"
3. "n" (if I wanted Normal style)
4. alt+"o"+enter to format the Font
5. change whatever font, etc. and press enter
6. press enter to exit the format style "floating box"

I didn't need the mouse at all!

Now, with Office 2003, I can still do # 1 and # 2, but I have to use the
mouse to:
1. look for the style (scroll up and down)
2. click on the drop-down arrow next to the style
3. Click on "Modify" to modify the style
before I can proceed with alt+"o" to make modifications.

More keyboard shortcuts please!

----------------

this
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Cindy M -WordMVP-

Hi Melissa

FWIW, I agree with you whole-heartedly. But, in order to help you stay
productive, you can get back to some of the functionality by using a macro to
display the list of styles (similar to what one had in Word 2000 and earlier)

Sub ShowStylesDialog()
Dialogs(wdDialogFormatStyle).Show
End Sub

Assign this to a keyboard shortcut and it will open the Styles dialog box.
Using it is a bit different than what you were used to, but it's better than
what you're dealing with right now...

pre-Office 2003, the Format Style was in a floating box that I could close
by pressing the esc key. If I wanted to change the style of a selected text,
I did the following:

Cindy Meister
INTER-Solutions, Switzerland
http://www.word.mvps.org

in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Melissa

Cindy,
loved your suggestion!
But can you teach me how to assign a keyboard shortcut to it? I've already
assigned F2 to Categories-All Commands -- Commands/ ViewTaskPane. Which
category -- command should I use for the macro I've just created?

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

[...]

Open Tools | Customize. In the All Commands list on the Commands tab, find
FormatStyle. Drag it to your Format menu. In order to be able to use Alt+O,
S for it, you'll need to either remove the Styles and Formatting command
(this will still leave its toolbar button, so it's no great loss) or change
the accelerator key for that command. For more on all of this, see
http://sbarnhill.mvps.org/WordFAQs/C...ngWord2002.htm

"Suzanne S. Barnhill" wrote:

You can still do all of that the same way if you restore the FormatStyle
dialog to your menu.

newsgroup so
all may benefit.

"Melissa" wrote in message
[...]

suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click

the "I
Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button,

follow
this
link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and

then
click "I Agree" in the message pane.

Klaus Linke

Hi Melissa,

Categories: Macros,
Command: Normal.NewMacros.ShowStylesDialog.

Cindy's macro does the same as Suzanne's built-in command:

Categories: All commands,
Command: FormatStyle.

Greetings,
Klaus

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

[...]

reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Melissa

Klaus,
I've adopted Suzanne's suggestion in the end coz I don't know how to save a
macro... when I go to Categories: Macros, I get a blank Command list...

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

[...]

In this case, since the command already exists, a macro is overkill. But for
next time, see http://www.gmayor.com/installing_macro.htm

"Cindy M -WordMVP-" wrote:

[...]

This reply is posted in the Newsgroup; please post any follow

question or
reply
in the newsgroup and not by e-mail :-)

Melissa

Suzanne,
Thanks heaps! That was great stuff you sent.