michimac

Default two spaces break at end of line

I double space after a period, and Word 2003 often breaks these two spaces at
the end of a line, causing the next line to appear indented one space. How
can I fix this? I don't remember this ever happening in the old version. Is
there a setting I'm forgetting?

I don't want to have to insert two non-breaking spaces each time I end a
sentence.
--
michimac

Herb Tyson [MVP]

From the menu, choose Tools - Options - Compatibility tab. Remove the check
next to the last option "Wrap trailing spaces..."

--
Herb Tyson MS MVP
http://www.herbtyson.com
"michimac" wrote in message
I double space after a period, and Word 2003 often breaks these two spaces
at
the end of a line, causing the next line to appear indented one space.
How
can I fix this? I don't remember this ever happening in the old version.
Is
there a setting I'm forgetting?

I don't want to have to insert two non-breaking spaces each time I end a
sentence.
--
michimac

Doug Robbins

I am unable to replicate that behaviour in Word 2003. Word effectively
ignores any more than one space at the end of a line. If additional text
(or spaces) is inserted before the last word on the line, at some point,
that word, the period and all following spaces are relocated to the
beginning of the next line, but they are never separated.

--
Hope this helps.

services on a paid consulting basis.

Doug Robbins - Word MVP