Daniel

Default Word 2002 : problem with tables Autofit / Fixed colum width

Hello everybody.

Not a major issue, but it bothers me a lot.

Until now, whenever I created a table using the toolbar "insert table"
button, the columns of the table inserted had a fixed width. It had always
been like this.

Now, for some reason, the default setting is autofit (auto resizing) : cells
automatically resize to fit the text entered. And because I do not want
this, everytime I insert a table using this button I then have to change its
properties.

How can I set the default settings to be "Fixed column width" whenever I use
the insert table button ?

Anyone ?

Many thanks in advance for your kind help.
Best regards,
Daniel
PS
Sorry about my lousy English.

Bob Buckland ?:-\)

Hi Daniel,

If you use Table=Insert=Table do you get a dialog
box for setting up the table? On the bottom of the
dialog should be a checkbox that lets you make the
next selected table settings your default.

======

--
Let us know if this helped you,

Bob Buckland ?:-)
MS Office System Products MVP

For Everyday MS Office tips to "use right away" -
http://microsoft.com/events/series/a...andtricks.mspx

Daniel

Hello Bob,

Thank you for your message.
Yest indeed I get this checkbox and checked it, to no avail.

As I got fed up with this problem I decided to repair Word, using the
built-in feature, and things seem to be back to normal .

Many thanks again for your kind help.
Brgds,
Daniel

"Bob Buckland ?:-)" 75214.226(At Beautiful Downtown)compuserve.com a écrit
dans le message de ...

Envelope Address GR New Users 5 April 24th 05 09:48 PM
WordPerfect keyboard macro>Word equivalent? Anty New Users 2 March 13th 05 06:23 PM
Converted document from WordPerfect. New footnotes are not being. C Lowman Microsoft Word Help 1 January 26th 05 10:19 PM