Nan

Default Word Table adding a column

I have a word table that is 3 pages long. When attempting the "sum above"
function, I only get results up to the nearest page break. Have tried using
the column and row numbers and same results. What is the remedy? I am using
word 2002
--
Nan
Stefan Blom

If you are referring to a manual page break (inserted via InsertBreak
or by pressing Ctrl+Enter) the problem is that the break splits the
table into two. To avoid the problem, use paragraph formatting to start
a new page within a table. Here's how to do it: First, delete the page
break and the paragraph mark between the tables to connect the two
tables again. Then select the row which should go to the next page. On
the Format menu, click Paragraph. Click the Line and Page Breaks tab,
and check the "Page break before" option. Click OK. Update the SUM field
with F9 to see the correct sum.

--
Stefan Blom
Microsoft Word MVP

"Nan" wrote in message
I have a word table that is 3 pages long. When attempting the "sum

above"
function, I only get results up to the nearest page break. Have tried

using
the column and row numbers and same results. What is the remedy? I

am using
word 2002
--
Nan

Klaus Linke

"Nan" wrote:
I have a word table that is 3 pages long. When attempting the "sum above"
function, I only get results up to the nearest page break. Have tried
using
the column and row numbers and same results. What is the remedy? I am
using
word 2002

Hi Nan,

SUM(ABOVE) is also limited to 85 cells or something like that. If you
specify the cells to sum in some other way, you can still get it working:
http://word.mvps.org/faqs/apperrors/...eIncorrect.htm

Greetings,
Klaus