Tywardreath

Default Fields Used

Hi

I have a shared database that is really large. Several people have created
mail merge documents only using a few of the database's fields. Is there a
way I can extract a list from Word of the mail merge fields used within a
document? If that is possible, is there a way to automate this process as
there are a LOT of mail merge files to go through (over 3,000).

Cheers, Tywardreath.

Greg Maxey

You might use a macro something like the following that will display a list
in the VBA immediate window:

Sub ListMergeFieldsInDoc()
Dim oFld As Field

For Each oFld In ActiveDocument.Fields